Signs of a Pest Infestation
Unfortunately, pest infestations aren’t always easy to identify because pests are great at avoiding contact with humans. To protect your home and prevent pests from making themselves too comfortable, it’s a good idea to become familiar with the warning signs of an infestation.
You should schedule pest control in Concord if:
- You discover small droppings
- You can hear chirping, squeaking, scurrying, or tapping sounds
- There is a musty odor in your home that you can’t get rid of
- Your clothing has mysterious holes in it
- There are grease marks along your wall near the floor
- You find nests in your attic
- Your electrical wiring appears to have been chewed
- Your pets are behaving erratically
If you suspect you have an infestation, ValuePest is here to help. In our 30+ years of experience, we have encountered and eliminated every kind of infestation imaginable, and we guarantee we have the expertise, tools, and products necessary to eliminate yours as well.
Do I Really Need to Hire a Pest Control Company?
Many people ask themselves “Is pest control really necessary?” The answer is yes. If you’ve got an infestation in your home, we strongly advise you to refrain from attempting to take care of it on your own. Pest infestations are serious business need to be handled accordingly in order to ensure your safety and the effectiveness of the treatment.
Reasons why you should not attempt DIY pest control include:
- Infestations are dangerous: Many pests—such as cockroaches, ticks, mosquitoes, and rodents—are known to carry and transmit illnesses and diseases to humans. That means that improperly handling an infestation could put you at great risk.
- Over-the-counter products are ineffective: Not only do over-the-counter products contain harsh chemicals that can injure you or make you ill if mishandled, but they also are often ineffective. The last thing you want is to put yourself at risk only for pests to re-emerge soon after your treatment.
- You can cause more damage: A handful of pests—including moths, termites, and rodents—are known to cause significant property damage. Improperly treating an infestation and failing to eliminate your pest problem only gives those pests more time to damage your home.
Why waste your time, money, and energy attempting to treat an infestation when you can bring in a team of professionals with a proven record of success? Call ValuePest to learn more about how our Concord exterminators can protect your home.
How Can I Keep Pests out of My Home?
If you find that your home is prone to pests, there are a few things you can do to discourage pest activity.
To prevent pests, you should:
- Vacuum, sweep, and mop your floors regularly
- Avoid leaving dishes in your sink overnight
- Keep all leftover food in airtight containers
- Eliminate areas of clutter inside
- Keep your home clean
- Take your trash out regularly
- Make sure your outside trash bins are fully closed
- Repair plumbing or roof leaks right away
- Keep piles of wood, trees, shrubs, and debris away from the foundation
- Mow your lawn to be no more than 3 inches in height
- Clear away dead leaves, twigs, and debris from your yard
- Schedule preventative pest control
The best way to protect your home against creepy crawlers is to bring in a team of professionals to perform routine pest control. That way, you can ensure your home is protected all year long.
Call ValuePest Today!
When you turn to ValuePest for pest control in Concord, you can rest easy knowing your home is in the hands of people who truly care about your safety and well-being. From start to finish, we are committed to offering the most effective and reliable service in town.
Don’t settle for just any pest control team when you can have the very best. ValuePest is here to ensure you have a healthy, pest-free home.