5 Common Signs of a Pest Problem
Pest infestations aren’t always easy to identify, but there are several warning signs that you can look out for.
Call our Lexington pest control pros if you notice:
- Small droppings
- A musty odor that you can’t get rid of
- Strange sounds (i.e., chirping, squeaking, clicking, or scurrying)
- Property damage (i.e., holes in clothing, chewed wires, ripped food packaging)
- Erratic pet behavior
If you suspect you have a pest problem, our team will be there to help in no time. We are skilled in quickly locating and identifying all types of pests. And, no matter how severe the infestation, you can count on us for a reliable and lasting solution.
How to Prevent Pests
We know you take pride in maintaining a healthy home, so the last thing you want is for pests to make their way inside. Luckily, there are a few things you can do to discourage pest activity in your home and yard.
To prevent pests in your yard and home, you should:
- Keep it tidy: Pests love clutter because it provides safe shelter. Make sure to eliminate areas of clutter in your home that might invite pests.
- Keep it clean: Crumbs and spills make the perfect food source for pests. We recommend regularly sweeping, mopping, and vacuuming your floors and wiping your counters down.
- Mind your trash: Pests love trash. To keep them away, be sure to take your trash out often and keep your outside trash bins closed at all times.
- Repair leaks: A reliable water source is one of the main things that will attract pests. If you’ve got a leaky roof or plumbing pipe, repair it as soon as possible.
- Eliminate debris: Dead leaves, overgrown foliage, fallen twigs, and other items that create clutter in your yard make the perfect hiding spots for pests. Clear all of these things away to keep pests out. It also helps to keep your lawn mowed to no more than 3 inches in height.
- Establish a perimeter: Pests will use anything propped up against your house as a way to get inside. For this reason, you should trim tree branches, shrubs, and bushes back so that there is plenty of room between them and the foundation or roof of your home. You should also keep woodpiles at least 10-15 feet away from your home.
- Hire pest control: No one knows how to prevent an infestation like a team of pest control professionals. Ensure your property is protected year-round by hiring a pest control company.
Reach out to the service pros at ValuePest to discover how our Lexington exterminators can protect your entire property against pests.
Why Hire a Pest Control Team
Wondering if you can take care of that pest infestation on your own? We would advise against that. Many homeowners end up wasting a ton of their time, energy, and money attempting to treat pest infestations. Pest infestations are serious business and should be handled accordingly, especially if you are dealing with a pest known to carry and transmit diseases and other illnesses to humans.
Some of the perks of hiring a team of pest control professionals include:
- They are equipped with professional-grade products
- They know how to treat an infestation without putting you or your loved ones at risk
- They are skilled in locating, identifying, and properly treating all types of pests
- They back their services with guarantees and warranties
A Pest-Free Home Is Only a Call Away!
Here at ValuePest, we understand that a pest-free home is a happy home, which is why our technicians are committed to offering the highest quality, most effective pest control service possible. Sign up for our ValuePest Ultimate System today to start enjoying total pest protection.
Schedule pest control in Lexington by calling (888) 617-1101. We look forward to serving you!