Is There a Way to Avoid Mosquito Bites?
There nothing more unbearably irritating that mosquito bites. The itch accompanied by these bites is enough to drive you up a wall! Luckily, there are a few precautions you can take to avoid them.
To avoid mosquito bites, you should:
- Wear a spray repellent
- Limit exposed skin
- Wear loose-fitting, light-colored clothing
- Avoid going outside during dusk and dawn
- Wear long sleeves, pants, and close-toed shoes
- Avoid scented lotions and perfumes
Call our Myrtle Beach mosquito removal team today at ValuePest to learn more & set up a service appointment.
What Do Bed Bugs Look Like?
Some of the most adept hitchhikers around bed bugs are the last pests you want in your home. If you’ve found a bug inside your house, and you’re not quite sure if it is a bed bug, we can help. Bed bugs are tiny, oval-shaped, reddish-brown insects that are usually around the size of an apple seed. Depending on whether or not they have fed recently, their bodies can either be flat or round like a balloon. While they are without wings, they can travel very fast.
If you are still unsure what kind of bug you are dealing with, reach out to our exceptional Myrtle Beach bed bug removal team today.
What Attracts Termites to a Yard?
Termites are one of the most destructive pests around, causing billions and billions of dollars’ worth of damage each year. While they never want to have to deal with an infestation, homeowners unwittingly attract termites to their yards and homes all the time. Once they make their way into your yard, it is rather easy for them to find their way inside your home.
Some of the things that attract termites to a home include:
- Piles of wood
- Extra foliage
- Unmaintained drainage systems (such as clogged gutters)
- Excess wood in the form of tree stumps and dead trees
The Myrtle Beach termite control experts at ValuePest can help you get your home back to normal and living comfortably without.
Signs You Need Rodent Control
1. Droppings - Not only do rodents eat a tremendous amount, but their leavings are often left close to our on their way to their food source. Rat urine is also very common as they have fairly weak bladders.
2. Footprints - Sometimes you'll even get tail prints if it's a rat with a large tail. But the different sizes of the footprints can help you understand which you're dealing with. If the foot is an inch in length then it's a rat but a mouse has a foot that's closer to a quarter inch.
3. Strange sounds at night - Rodents are usually more active in their search for food and nesting possibilities throughout the night. If you hear scratching and clawing at night in the attic, play it safe and call in our Myrtle Beach rodent control exterminators.
4. Day sightings - Since rodents are asleep throughout the day for the most part, if you see them during the day then it's an indication that they're nesting nearby.
5. Newly chewed holes in screens or dry wall - Especially in the dark cold of winter, rats and mice become increasingly desperate as the winter drags on. If you see any new holes, call in our rodent control experts to rid you of these unwanted critters.
How to Tell you Need a New Pest Control Company
1.They haven't been around too long - If your Myrtle Beach pest control company has only been around for a few years, then you should try looking elsewhere. We've been the go-to Myrtle Beach exterminator since 1989 so there isn't a situation we haven't dealt with time and time again
2. Not enough reviews, or bad ones - In today's day and age, reviews are everything. Make sure to read through our reviews here and see what our customers love about us. If you want to see why our customers love us so much then give us a call and we'll show you.
3. The bugs keep coming back - Our Myrtle beach pest control services come with a 100% satisfaction guaranteed or your money back. Although, it shouldn't take multiple tries to get your problem right the first time and we'll make sure you and your loved ones are pest free no matter what. Read through our ValuePest Guarantee here to see all the details.
4. Hidden fees - If you ever get a hidden fee from another Myrtle Beach exterminator, then give us a call. We believe in 100% up-front pricing and will see to it that the price you see at the beginning is the price you pay at the end of your service.