Are Mosquitoes Dangerous?
While most often mosquitoes just leave itchy and uncomfortable bites, sometimes they can also cause a lot of harm. These pests are known to carry and transmit diseases through their bites. Diseases spread by mosquitoes include malaria, West Nile virus, dengue fever, Zika virus, and more. Because of this, mosquitoes are often regarded as the most dangerous pests in the world.
What Are the Signs of a Bed Bug Infestation?
Usually the first sign of a bed bug infestation is red itchy bites on your arms and legs. Other signs include blood stains on your mattress and bedding, fecal spots on your mattress, a strong musty odor, eggshells or shed skin on bed, and of course bed bugs.
If you think you may have bed bugs, call our Thomasville bed bug removal experts to set up an appointment today.
What Are the Types of Termites?
Termites are one of the most destructive pests around. Causing billions and billions of dollars’ worth of damage each year, they are every homeowner’s worst nightmare. Once they make their way into your home, they might be there for years, eating away at the structure of your home, before you ever discover them. There are three species of termites, each of which has different characteristics and behaviors.
The types of termites are:
Subterranean termites are responsible for most of the damage caused in homes each year, which makes them the likely culprit if you discover an infestation. Drywood termites are also common in homes but take much longer to cause serious damage. Dampwood termites are rarely found in homes as they need damp wood to survive. Call our Thomasville termite control team today to get rid of these pesky insects once and for all.
5 Signs You Need Pest Control Services
1. Bites - From spiders to bed bugs to mosquitos these pests love to feast on us and will leave noticeable bites behind. Each different pest has different bites than can inform us as to which bug our Thomasville pest control experts will focus on.
2. Sounds - You don't always have to get bitten by these bugs to know where they are. Mosquitos in particular have an incredibly noticeable buzzing sound you may hear in your ear or your sleep if you're getting visited by these critters in the night.
3. Droppings - Termites for example will eat away at your wood and leave little wood like pellets that can resemble saw dust. Bed bug droppings are semi-liquid black feces. You should leave these droppings alone and let our experts Thomasville pest control services take care of them.
4. Signs of a nest - Mosquitos love nesting in standing water while termites will nest inside of a floorboard. Look for egg shells or newly hatched critters that are smaller versions of their parents.
5. The pests themselves - Obviously any site of a termite or bed bug will ensure that you call in our Thomasville exterminator. Don't take one visitor too lightly as if you have one of these pests, it's highly unlikely that it's the only one.
Stop stalling and start enjoying a safe, healthy home. Schedule Thomasville pest control services by calling (336) 560-8899 today. We look forward to serving you.